Registry of Classification and Labelling (CLH) Intentions Updated by ECHA
In May 2021, the registry of classification and labelling (CLH) intentions until outcome was updated with the addition of eight chemical substances. In this blog post, we take a look at the registry and discuss the most recently added chemicals.
The registry of classification and labelling (CLH) intentions until outcome was designed to include proposals and intentions for updated or new harmonized classification and labelling of substances. Such proposals may be submitted to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) by parties ranging from users to manufacturers and importers to competent authorities of various EU Member States.
The recent additions to the registry exhibit a diverse range of potential harmful effects:
- Transfluthrin (ISO); 2,3,5,6-tetrafluorobenzyl (1R,3S)-3-(2,2-dichlorovinyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylate – Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects; causes skin irritation.
- Sodium chlorate – Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects; may cause fire or explosion; harmful if swallowed.
- Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
- Methyl acrylate; Methyl propenoate – Highly flammable liquid and vapor; harmful if swallowed or inhaled; causes skin and eye irritation.
- Mepiquat chloride (ISO); 1,1-dimethylpiperidinium chloride – Harmful if swallowed; harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- Cinnamaldehyde – Causes serious eye irritation; harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects; causes skin irritation.
- Boron compounds, with the exception of those specified elsewhere in this Annex
- Allyl methacrylate – Harmful if inhaled or swallowed; causes skin irritation; very toxic to aquatic life; flammable liquid and vapor.
|Substance Name||CAS Number||EC Number||Submitting Country|
|Transfluthrin (ISO); 2,3,5,6-tetrafluorobenzyl (1R,3S)-3-(2,2-dichlorovinyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylate||118712-89-3||405-060-5||Netherlands|
|Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes||-||-||Germany|
|Methyl acrylate; Methyl propenoate||96-33-3||202-500-6||Austria|
|Mepiquat chloride (ISO); 1,1-dimethylpiperidinium chloride||24307-26-4||246-147-6||Finland|
|Boron compounds, with the exception of those specified elsewhere in this Annex||-||-||Sweden|
Source: European Chemicals Agency
Additional Toxic Chemical Information and More
For accessing additional information on registry chemicals, as well as an abundance of other substances, ToxPlanet offers invaluable resources.
ToxPlanet is the world’s largest and most comprehensive content-as-a-service provider focused on supporting the toxicology and chemical hazard information needs of a broad spectrum of professionals. Used extensively by toxicologists, pharmacologists, industrial hygienists, occupational physicians, product stewards, risk assessment professionals, hazardous materials/emergency management personnel, first responders, environmental managers, and a host of other chemical safety professionals, our suite of solutions is designed to help manage the impact of chemicals in the workplace and on the environment. Contact us to learn more about all of the valuable data that our solutions can provide, and to register for a Free Trial.